Thursday, August 29, 2002

Last evening was one of those times that makes me wonder why I didn't move to an island sooner.



We had supper on the beach at Tunstall Bay, swimming and hanging with whoever happened to be there. The water was amazing, just like a bath, and floating in it was an astounding experience. I don't know why, but all of a sudden, I've become addicted to swimming.



Later, the sun set behind Pasley Island and the colours seemed much more intense than normal. The sky was a deep luminescent turquoise and airplane contrails shone silver. As the sunset waned, a cloud on the horizon turned the most intense shade of pink I have ever seen. It was as if someone had shone a light through a rose petal.



Breathtaking late summer days here on the coast.

No comments:

Post a Comment