Thursday, January 9, 2003

Hello to everyone visiting because of this blog's mention at Flemming's site.



I have been following the discussion on geoblogging and the stuff happening with GeoURL, and I just wanted to share again a post I made here back in June relating to blogging place. In that post was a quote from the American nature writer Barry Lopez who says:



"The shape and character of those relationships in a person's thinking, I believe, are deeply influenced by where on this earth one goes, what one touches, the patterns one observes in nature - the intricate history of one's life in the land, even life in the city, where wind, the chirp of birds, the line of a falling leaf are known. These thoughts are arranged, further, according to the thread of one's moral, intellectual and spiritual development. The interior landscape responds to the character and subtlety of an exterior landscape; the shape of an individual mind is affected by the land as it is the genes."





Sorry I don't have comments, but send me email if you have thoughts on this and I'll post stuff here. Or leave a comment :-)



And then I'll get back to talking about how amazingly warm the weather has been around here, and how clear the nights have been, with just a think waxing moon setting early and allowing the stars to shine, and the colour in Jupiter and Saturn overhead to be seen with the naked eye, yellow and buff respectively.



And while I'm at it, we had another amazing Squamish wind last night, as air got forced off the continent down Howe Sound and out into the Strait of Georgia. The winds gusted to 80 km/h, but only along a think winding sea level jetstream, which barely riffled the douglas-firs in front of our place.



No comments:

Post a Comment