Thursday, October 22, 2009

Opportunities for community dialogue

This fall I have begun putting my money where my mouth is in terms of supporting more nuanced public conversation on Bowen Island. I am a member of the Bowen Island Ourselves team, a group that is looking at doing citizen governance and public engagement differently. One of the practices we are initiating is a series of monthly Open Space gatherings. The next one happens on october 25 and is focused on new ways to put vision into action for Bowen, although the conversations don't have to be limited to that. here is the link for that gathering:

Community Open Space - Bowen Island Ourselves

Also, I am facilitating two forums to kick off the Bowen Agriculture Alliance. We'll be looking at food security and our local food assets. The first will be held on November 1 and a follow up gathering is scheduled for November 28. You can find the invitations to those events and more information on the BAA website.

All are welcome to attend these events. And if you are wanting to hold a public conversation on Bowen to talk about anything at all, please give me a call. I'm happy to find time to volunteer with your group.

No comments:

Post a Comment