Friday, October 21, 2005

After the big rain earlier in the week I have been keeping a keen eye out for the return of the salmon. Yesterday morning I left early for the 6:30 ferry and spent about a half hour sitting by the causeway at the Lagoon listening in the dark for the salmon. I heard three splashes in the estuary and wasn't able to see anything in the dark, but it's clear that they are back.

If you're down in Deep Bay or hanging around the Cove, now's the time to watch for the chum. The coho will be along in a couple of weeks.

And in other news, speaking of things on a three year return cycle, our municipal elections are next month and the campaigns are up and running. I have a number of friends and neighbours running for office this year.

Here's a list of sites and blogs for candidates. If you know of others leave me a comment. Any blogs that continue to be updated after the election will be added to the sideroll and welcomed to the ongoing meaning-making noosphere!

Candidates for Mayor

Terry Cotter
Wendy Merkley
Bob Turner

Candidates for Council and the Islands Trust

Peter Frinton
Deborah Kirby

Candidate websites are alos listed at the Bowen Island Chamber of Commerce site.

I'll update this list as I find more sites. Feel free to drop yours in the comments box.


No comments:

Post a Comment